正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者: Google [Bot] 和 10 位訪客

Letter to Singapore

歡迎小混混齊齊吹水, 吹乜都得

Letter to Singapore

文章發表人 lhk 發表於 2012-09-06, 15:54

啱啱喺FB見到有人share呢篇嘢出黎,好多新加坡朋友同同事都好大共鳴...... :great:

http://youdonthavetoagree.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/letter-to-singapore/

Dear Singapore,

I’m sorry, but I’m leaving you. I’ve fallen in love with somewhere else, and you wouldn’t like her. But London is the place for me. I’ve fallen for her dingy, narrow streets. The 24-hour bagels on Brick Lane; the club kids in neon and glitter falling out of Boombox at 3 in the morning; the bands with their urgent, clashing guitars, cigarettes and floppy hair. I’ve fallen for boys who play in bands with a copy of The Female Eunuch in their bedrooms; I’ve fallen for girls who write poetry and play guitar in Leicester Square pubs. I’ve fallen for the Chinese boy I saw at Kings Cross holding hands with his boyfriend, while his mother smiled and hailed a taxi for them all. I’ve fallen in love with the Irish. I’ve fallen in love with the Welsh. They’re all here, Singapore, in tiny corners, in crammed spaces, in underground dancehalls and abandoned warehouses.

We had a good run, but I was never really comfortable with you. You were always liberal when it suited you, small-minded when it didn’t. You used to say, “Careful you don’t be so open-minded, otherwise your brains fall out”. But maybe some fresh air would be good for your head. You were always scared of my clothes, the way I spoke, what I wanted to do. “So smart, is it?” you used to say. “Have some common sense. Later in life, what matters is money. Sad but true. You have to think ahead.”

I’m 20 years old and I don’t want to be jaded, but you’re already feeding me defeatism and banality as a lifestyle choice. I want to be more than an office drone. I want to be more than my salary. You need to dream big to be big, Singapore. I looked into your dreams one night and they were full of dollar signs. They were full of people getting by on their Mercedes, their two maids, their country club membership. Getting by and not living. Getting but not achieving. Buying and selling but not giving. I d reamed we went to a Club Med on holiday, and I told the receptionist, “You live in a beautiful country,” and she replied, “You don’t live here.” That night, I said, “I wish we’d gone somewhere else.” You said, “Like where? All the places you want to go are dirty, no air-con.”

I’m in love, of course I take a romantic view of London. But I’ve seen the dark alleys; I’ve seen the feral children with their knives and guns; I’ve been mugged and it wasn’t fun. I almost had to get stitches. I met a drag queen at A&E who’d been gaybashed on night bus number 54. We looked at each other in recognition, and she smiled grimly and said, “Honey, I’ve always wanted a nose job on the NHS.”

In London, I can be a saint or a sinner. I can be City boy, goth girl, punk kid; I can be in with the media, in with the cool kids, I can drop rhymes in East End ghettos and I can drop cash in Mahiki on cocktails. I can be posh, p oor, upmarket, downmarket, chav, toff, hippie, indie. I can be gay or straight, man or woman. I can make myself up, make myself down. And London will still embrace me, and I will always find somewhere that will take me in, and raise no eyebrows should I wear hoop skirts and pierce my lip and call myself Bettie Page.

I’m not sure you could ever do that, Singapore. You say you celebrate diversity, but really you only grudgingly tolerate it. You know what always pissed me off? When you would shrug your shoulders and say, “What to do? It’s like that, what. I’ll never change.” I would try and try to change your mind, but you would just shrug. That same reply. Then, accusingly, you would say that you were an Asian and you were conservative, and I was trying to make you something you weren’t. Then, defiantly: “If people don’t like it, not my problem!”

But I’m not trying to make you something you’re not, I’m really not. I’m just trying to make you see that you’re more than dollar signs. You’re more than people just scraping by, dreaming of money and five-star hotels. You’re a hell of a lot more than just a good air-conditioning system. You’re everybody, not just the dream citizen; you’re the Malay kids skipping school, hanging out at Peninsula Plaza in black jeans and trucker caps. You’re the unemployed kopitiam uncle with his songbirds. You’re the schoolgirl holding hands with her classmate, hoping the teacher doesn’t see. You’re every one of them, but for some reason you just won’t acknowledge this. You like to hold on to this idea of you being this clean, perfectly efficiently city, when really it’s the dirt that makes you who you are.

And at this point in my life, I don’t want to deal with this amount of self-loathing and deception. I don’t want to deal with somebody who sees their history as something to be packaged and sold to tourists, who sees every citizen as an economic unit to be moved around on a chess board. We are the only resource? Who said people can be resources? What are we, oil? Trees?

(Plus, I don’t want to be with somebody who says “well, you just don’t understand – this is for our SURVIVAL” should anybody dare to disagree. You’re more than surviving. You’ve done well. But now you need to stop holding your breath, stop acting like everything can be taken away from you in an instant. This kind of warlike paranoia isn’t doing you favours. You could be so great if you just relaxed and let go, just a little.)

I want truth, beauty… you know the rest. I’m twenty and the world’s an open book to me, but you… I’m afraid that maybe, just maybe, you’re a closed case.

I love you, but I can’t do this anymore.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
lhk
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 33309

註冊時間:
2008-01-16, 01:36

Re: Letter to Singapore

文章發表人 性慾從口中湧出 發表於 2012-09-06, 15:56

:love_china: :love_china: :love_china: :love_china: :love_china:
性慾從口中湧出
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
  頭像

文章: 8633
來自: 何文田

註冊時間:
2009-11-09, 14:41

文章發表人 diu99fu 發表於 2012-09-06, 15:57

:hypno: 即係點 :a013:
diu99fu
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
  頭像

文章: 3476

註冊時間:
2009-08-06, 10:07

文章發表人 韋信 發表於 2012-09-06, 15:59

:hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:
Welcome to my blog:cchu.com, my personal websites:wchu.com and hiking100fun.com
韋信
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
  頭像

文章: 11480
來自: 維蒙州

註冊時間:
2004-12-16, 12:23

文章發表人 lhk 發表於 2012-09-06, 16:02

diu99fu 寫: :hypno: 即係點 :a013:

篇嘢喺度鬧政府專制、假民主、人民只係經濟體系嘅人部分,無自主權...... :modlaugh:
lhk
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 33309

註冊時間:
2008-01-16, 01:36

文章發表人 Northstar 發表於 2012-09-06, 16:08

到過星加坡,留意下果邊D報刋、電視、電台節目。你就知咩事:有D透唔到氣o甘... :a002:

對後生仔泥講更甚 :043:
最後由 Northstar 於 2012-09-06, 16:10 編輯, 總共編輯了 1 次
Northstar
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
Fun區 - 揸Fit人

文章: 1230

註冊時間:
2007-01-05, 14:43

文章發表人 quiz 發表於 2012-09-06, 16:09

:hypno:
圖檔

圖檔
quiz
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
  頭像

文章: 11825

註冊時間:
2005-10-15, 23:37

文章發表人 bubblegumcrisis 發表於 2012-09-06, 16:40

:hypno:
bubblegumcrisis
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
  頭像

文章: 9292

註冊時間:
2011-03-07, 14:08

文章發表人 Leven 發表於 2012-09-06, 17:35

:hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:
Leven
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 22640
來自: 德城

註冊時間:
2010-04-26, 21:00

文章發表人 syyuen 發表於 2012-09-06, 18:50

:hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:
圖檔
syyuen
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
  頭像

文章: 2912

註冊時間:
2008-12-20, 00:10

文章發表人 力奇 發表於 2012-09-06, 18:56

diu99fu 寫: :hypno: 即係點 :a013:

:share: :share: :share:
親愛的新加坡,

對不起,但我要離開你了。我愛上其他地方,你不喜歡她的。但倫敦是我要找的地方。我已經愛上了她的骯髒,狹窄的街道。 24小時營業的麵包圈上的布里克巷(Brick Lane)的俱樂部霓虹燈和閃光的孩子們在凌晨3掉下來的內置揚聲器;他們的迫切,衝突吉他,香煙和軟盤發的條帶。我已經愛上男孩在樂隊中發揮的副本的女太監在自己的臥室,我已經愛上了寫詩,彈吉他,在萊斯特廣場酒吧的女孩。我已經愛上了中國男孩,我看到了在國王十字手牽著手,他的男朋友,而他的母親笑了,他們叫了一輛出租車。我已經愛上了與愛爾蘭。我已經愛上了與威爾士。他們都在這裡,新加坡,在狹小的角落裡,擠滿的空間,在地下舞廳和廢棄的倉庫。

我們有一個良好的運行,但我從來沒有真正你感到舒服自在。你總是自由的,當它適合你,心胸狹窄,當它沒有。你常說,“小心你不要這麼開明的,否則你的腦袋上掉下來”。但是也許有一些新鮮的空氣將你的頭。你總是害怕我的衣服,我說話的方式,我想做的事。 “太聰明了,是嗎?”你說。 “有一些常識。後來在生活中,重要的是錢。可悲,但卻是真實的。你必須提前考慮。“

我才20歲,我不希望是疲憊的,但你已經​​餵我失敗主義和平庸是一種生活方式的選擇。我想成為一個多辦公室無人駕駛飛機。我想超過我的工資。你必須要有遠大的夢想要大,新加坡。我看著你的夢想有一天晚上,他們的美元符號。他們的人得到他們的奔馳,他們的兩個女傭,他們的鄉村俱樂部會員。獲取,而不是生活。獲取,但沒有實現。購買和銷售,但不會放棄。我d擴髓我們去了一個Club Med度假,和我的接待員說,“你住在一個美麗的國家,”她回答說,“你不是住在這裡。”那天晚上,我說,“我希望我們倒是去了別的地方。“你說,”想去哪?所有你想要去的地方是骯髒的,沒有冷氣。“

我的愛,我當然需要一個浪漫的倫敦。但我已經看到了黑暗的小胡同,我已經看到了野生的兒童與他們的刀和槍,我被搶劫了,這是不好玩。我幾乎要獲得針。我遇到了阻力女王在A&E誰願意gaybashed的夜班車54號。我們看著對方的確認,她冷冷地笑了,說:“親愛的,我一直想隆鼻的NHS。”

在倫敦,我可以成為一個聖人或罪人。我能成為城市男孩,哥特女孩,朋克小子,我可以在與媒體,與時尚的年輕人,我可以刪除押韻East End的黑人居住區去吧,我可以放棄現金的Mahiki雞尾酒。我可以豪華,p OOR,高檔,低檔,chav,花花公子,嬉皮士,獨立。我是同性戀還是異性戀,男人或女人。我可以讓自己,讓自己失望。和倫敦仍然會擁抱我,和我總是會找到的地方,將我在,沒有眉毛,提高我應該穿裙箍,刺進我的唇,稱自己貝蒂·佩吉。

我不知道你所能做到這一點,新加坡。你說你慶祝多樣性,但實際上你只是勉強容忍。你知道我總是生氣嗎?當你想聳聳肩你的肩膀,說:“怎麼辦?這樣,這是什麼。我永遠也不會改變。“我會嘗試,嘗試改變你的想法,但你只是聳聳肩。那同樣的答复。略帶責備地,然後,你會說,你是一個亞洲和你是保守的,和我試圖讓你的東西你沒有。然後,挑釁:“如果人們不喜歡它,而不是我的問題!”

但我不會試圖讓你的東西你沒有,我真的沒有。我只是試圖讓你明白,你多美元的跡象。你以上只是刮了,做夢的金錢和五星級酒店的人。你是一個地獄了很多不僅僅是一個好的空調系統。你是每個人的夢想,而不僅僅是公民,你是馬來人的孩子逃學,黑色牛仔褲和卡車司機帽掛在半島廣場。你是失業的Kopitiam叔叔與他的鳴禽。你是女生,她的同學手牽著手,希望老師不看。你是他們每個人,但由於某種原因,你是不會承認這一點。你喜歡你乾淨的,完全有效地城市的時候,確實它的污垢,讓你你是誰持有這種想法。

在我的生命在這一點上,我不希望處理這個數額自我厭惡和欺騙的。我不想與別人的東西進行包裝並出售給遊客,他們看到每一個公民作為一個經濟單位,可以到處移動的棋盤上誰看到他們的歷史。我們是唯一的資源嗎?誰能說,人們可以有資源嗎?我們,是什麼油呢?樹?

(另外,我不希望有人說:“好了,你只是不明白 - 這是對我們的生存”如果有人敢不同意。你超過倖存的。你已經做得很好,但現在你需要停下來屏住呼吸,喜歡一切可以採取遠離你在瞬間停止這種好戰的偏執狂是不是你做有利於你可以是如此之大,如果你只是放鬆,放手,只是一個小)。

我想真理,美...你都知道了。我20歲的世界是一個開放的書給我,但你...我很害怕,也許,只是也許,你是一個封閉的情況下。

我愛你,但我不能這樣做了。

XXXXXXXXXXXX
力奇
Fun區守護神 - 變淫大金剛
Fun區守護神 - 變淫大金剛
  頭像

文章: 50635

註冊時間:
2005-10-21, 23:55

文章發表人 szekt 發表於 2012-09-06, 19:02