誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者: 沒有註冊會員 和 4 位訪客

Velodyne Digital Drive SMS-1(Report on P.5 & Curve on P.10)

點 set 機, 用乜幕...所有有關祕技

文章發表人 Rookie 發表於 2006-06-30, 10:56

luckybeanbean 寫:
Rookie 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
Rookie 寫:
luckybeanbean 寫:
Rookie 寫:
matt 寫:
Rookie 寫:
matt 寫:
Rookie 寫:Just spent a little bit time to play with the Parametric EQ inside the SMS-1 tonight. It is so interesting! :ebsmile:

Below are the revised SYSTEM SETTINGS & SYSTEM RESPONSE.

Special notes:
1. The volume of Preset 5 is changed from 20 to 25.
2. The Q values for all frequency remains default.
3. The output level below 20Hz can be boost for an additional 6 db. However, I have only boosted frequency at 15Hz up by 3 db only because boosting it up further may be too risky for the subwoofer. I believe that frequency below 20Hz can be improved a little bit further with subwoofer relocation. And, this will be verified very soon. :a009:

Hi Rookie,

Why your curve at 15hz is not at 80hz but below?
I read the manual, it should start at 76hz
:hypno: :hypno: :a013: :a013:

Oh! What do you mean? You mean the decibel level of 15 hz should start at above 76db? :a013: :a013: :a013: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

yes. then u can hv more straight line? i am not sure it is correct or not. :hypno:

I see. That's what I wanna to do. Sooner or later, I need to move my subwoofer to a better location so that the frequency below 20Hz can be improved a little further without boosting it up too much by manual adjustment.

In fact, my subwoofer is M&K MX350THX, not Velodyne DD-12/15.

As what BeanBean said, M&K MX350THX rolls off very fast after 20Hz. It is really a weakness of the subwoofer itself. :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

I found that position is not the main problem :coldsweat2: I tried to move my PCU around, and the super low frequency will not increase.

Agree. Moving the subwoofer around is only an option, but may probably not give out significant improvement in frequency below 20Hz.

And, I totally anticipated that M&K MX350THX has its limit in generating good quality of frequency below 20Hz. :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

I came across some literature in the past that the room size need to be of reasonable length in order to produce very low frequency such as those below 20Hz. If your room is not able to meet this minimum size criteria, even though your subwoofer can able to produce those low frequency but the generated frequency within the room will be deteriorated leading to relatively low recorded output.

My memory may be wrong !

:selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun:

Moreover, for normal people, frequency below 20Hz is not able to "hear" but may be someone can "feel" for those with sensitive skin or body. If this is the case, it may be totally acceptable for a good subwoofer performed consistently above 20Hz (major need) and it may not need although preferred to show some ultra performance below 20Hz.

:043: :043: :043: :043: :043:

That makes sense! :great: :great: :great:

Even though the subwoofer itself is capable of producing frequency below 20Hz in perfect room condition, room acoustic and speaker placement in actual room condition are also key factors that determinie whether frequency below 20Hz can be generated or not. :modlaugh: :modlaugh: :modlaugh:

Please excuse my stupid comment. I think room size might have some effect on the 20hz and below reproduction, but as you can see the below graph, my 100sq ft room can still have 10hz in large amount. It depends on the subwoofer too. :003:

圖檔

BeanBean,

Agree your comment that the SVS subwoofer can output large amount of frequency below 20Hz.

I wish that I could order a cylinder for my home too. Unfortunately, the 220V version is no long avaliable. :unhappy: :unhappy: :unhappy:
我不屬於任何顏色羣!
跟暴力說不!
跟破壞說不!
跟仇恨說不!
跟歧視說不!
Rookie
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 49525

註冊時間:
2004-11-30, 21:46

文章發表人 MartinTong 發表於 2006-07-01, 01:18

Rookie 寫:
luckybeanbean 寫:
Rookie 寫:
Raymond Wan 寫:
Rookie 寫:
luckybeanbean 寫:
Rookie 寫:
matt 寫:
Rookie 寫:
matt 寫:
Rookie 寫:Just spent a little bit time to play with the Parametric EQ inside the SMS-1 tonight. It is so interesting! :ebsmile:

Below are the revised SYSTEM SETTINGS & SYSTEM RESPONSE.

Special notes:
1. The volume of Preset 5 is changed from 20 to 25.
2. The Q values for all frequency remains default.
3. The output level below 20Hz can be boost for an additional 6 db. However, I have only boosted frequency at 15Hz up by 3 db only because boosting it up further may be too risky for the subwoofer. I believe that frequency below 20Hz can be improved a little bit further with subwoofer relocation. And, this will be verified very soon. :a009:

Hi Rookie,

Why your curve at 15hz is not at 80hz but below?
I read the manual, it should start at 76hz
:hypno: :hypno: :a013: :a013:

Oh! What do you mean? You mean the decibel level of 15 hz should start at above 76db? :a013: :a013: :a013: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

yes. then u can hv more straight line? i am not sure it is correct or not. :hypno:

I see. That's what I wanna to do. Sooner or later, I need to move my subwoofer to a better location so that the frequency below 20Hz can be improved a little further without boosting it up too much by manual adjustment.

In fact, my subwoofer is M&K MX350THX, not Velodyne DD-12/15.

As what BeanBean said, M&K MX350THX rolls off very fast after 20Hz. It is really a weakness of the subwoofer itself. :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

I found that position is not the main problem :coldsweat2: I tried to move my PCU around, and the super low frequency will not increase.

Agree. Moving the subwoofer around is only an option, but may probably not give out significant improvement in frequency below 20Hz.

And, I totally anticipated that M&K MX350THX has its limit in generating good quality of frequency below 20Hz. :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

I came across some literature in the past that the room size need to be of reasonable length in order to produce very low frequency such as those below 20Hz. If your room is not able to meet this minimum size criteria, even though your subwoofer can able to produce those low frequency but the generated frequency within the room will be deteriorated leading to relatively low recorded output.

My memory may be wrong !

:selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun:

Moreover, for normal people, frequency below 20Hz is not able to "hear" but may be someone can "feel" for those with sensitive skin or body. If this is the case, it may be totally acceptable for a good subwoofer performed consistently above 20Hz (major need) and it may not need although preferred to show some ultra performance below 20Hz.

:043: :043: :043: :043: :043:

That makes sense! :great: :great: :great:

Even though the subwoofer itself is capable of producing frequency below 20Hz in perfect room condition, room acoustic and speaker placement in actual room condition are also key factors that determinie whether frequency below 20Hz can be generated or not. :modlaugh: :modlaugh: :modlaugh:

Please excuse my stupid comment. I think room size might have some effect on the 20hz and below reproduction, but as you can see the below graph, my 100sq ft room can still have 10hz in large amount. It depends on the subwoofer too. :003:

圖檔

BeanBean,

Agree your comment that the SVS subwoofer can output large amount of frequency below 20Hz.

I wish that I could order a cylinder for my home too. Unfortunately, the 220V version is no long avaliable. :unhappy: :unhappy: :unhappy:

me too :unhappy: :unhappy: :unhappy:
咪當買個教訓law, 一 d 都吾貴 : 錄自撲克王
:soThanks: :soThanks: :soThanks: :Thanks: :Thanks: :Thanks: :happy: :happy: :happy:

大富豪 寫:
私家飛机展有冇 invitation?
蘇富比拍賣有冇專人跟住?
去馬交一次有冇4-5億 credit?
上次求投資者有冇 invitation?
去 Hermes 有冇 kelly bag 現貨任要?
有冇連相都未睇就去訂部千二萬賓利?
有冇買幽靈之子打孖買(用 cash 紅黑各一)?
有冇去意大利四五十萬訂金線西装?
有冇去意大利十萬訂對鞋..一次訂幾對?
有冇用百幾萬買副敏魚膠食?
有冇用十幾萬買條大黃花煎?'

如果一樣都冇就做富豪做到好失敗

PS 以上全部真人真事..
MartinTong
Fun區守護神 - 變淫大金剛
Fun區守護神 - 變淫大金剛
  頭像

文章: 97811

註冊時間:
2004-11-23, 21:36

文章發表人 Rookie 發表於 2006-07-02, 00:24

The curve is being updated today.

After moving the subwoofer approximate two feet closer to wall corner, I can obtain a little flatter curve with the SMS-1.

Comparing to previous settings, the main volume level of SMS-1 is changed from 25 to 18.

The major findings are that moving subwoofer around the listening area may indeed achieve higher level at certain frequencies. Meanwhile, levels of some other frequencies may also be reduced because of the same action.

However, I also realized that moving the subwoofer around may probably not improve level of frequencies below 20 Hz if the subwoofer is weak in producing such frequency range itself. :coldsweat2:
附加檔案
System Response Rev3.JPG
System Response Revision 3
System Response Rev3.JPG (65.89 KiB) 被瀏覽 4028 次
我不屬於任何顏色羣!
跟暴力說不!
跟破壞說不!
跟仇恨說不!
跟歧視說不!
Rookie
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間:
2004-11-30, 21:46

文章發表人 Raymond Wan 發表於 2006-07-03, 05:47

Extremely consistent and stable output response between 25Hz and 80Hz <-- good enough for normal home theatre.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :a012: :a012: :038: :038:

In fact, what are the dimensions of your listening area ?

You may have interest to appreciate and understand the limitations on achieving acoustics response from a room.

:confused: :confused: :share: :share:

Please read some of my collections on room acoustics recommended by Prof. Peter So:

Room Acoustics:
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/rooms.htm

Room Shape and Size:
http://www.saecollege.de/reference_mate ... omodes.htm

Good Information & Education on Home Theatre:
http://www.modernhometheater.com/howto/index.html
Please look for "Sound Tips" ..... ......

:selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:
Have 100% Fun on Sharing AV & HiFi Subjects and Knowledge
圖檔
My Subconscious M&K Combos
圖檔圖檔圖檔圖檔
Welcome to My AV World: Home Theatre
Raymond Wan
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 26231
來自: 中國一幅地

註冊時間:
2004-11-22, 21:08

文章發表人 Rookie 發表於 2006-07-03, 08:55

Raymond Wan 寫:Extremely consistent and stable output response between 25Hz and 80Hz <-- good enough for normal home theatre.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :a012: :a012: :038: :038:

In fact, what are the dimensions of your listening area ?

You may have interest to appreciate and understand the limitations on achieving acoustics response from a room.

:confused: :confused: :share: :share:

Please read some of my collections on room acoustics recommended by Prof. Peter So:

Room Acoustics:
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/rooms.htm

Room Shape and Size:
http://www.saecollege.de/reference_mate ... omodes.htm

Good Information & Education on Home Theatre:
http://www.modernhometheater.com/howto/index.html
Please look for "Sound Tips" ..... ......

:selfpun: :selfpun: :selfpun: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

The dimensions of my listening area are 14 feet (Depth) x 13.5 feet (width) x 9.5 feet (height).

I know that there are quite a few issues that may limit achieving certain acoustic responses from my listening area, especially square-shape like.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the links. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:
我不屬於任何顏色羣!
跟暴力說不!
跟破壞說不!
跟仇恨說不!
跟歧視說不!
Rookie
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

註冊時間: