Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
  頭像

文章: 5664

註冊時間:
2004-11-26, 19:38

Re: 我不入地獄

文章發表人 Cam 發表於 2009-09-08, 23:52

There have been many many reports that this release is marred with excessive DNR and edge enhancement.

I was about to order the UK metallic case version, then I saw 7 reviews with 1 star only :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

Then I saw thousands of posts in AVSForum arguing whether it is OK, bad, really bad, ... etc. No one actually saying it is perfect ...

Today, the HK version is out, and with a reasonable $185 price tag, I said: 我不入地獄, who will ??

So here it is:

- Video: Not as bad as those critics had described, but about average for the movie that is 10 years old. In fact some of the scenes have very good details and depth, colour is definitely better than DVD version, very clean (excessive DNR ?) Then some of the scenes look quite artificial with quite a bit of edge enhancement.

I looked at the scene that most people crying about: the wide angle shot of the lineup of 2 battled sides in the first chapter, there should be many arrows flying in the sky, and indeed, there are only few left, so the arrows are cleaned up as dirt in the film ?? :gagag: :gagag: :gagag:

- Audio : A huge improvement over the older DVD version, up to the DTS-HD MA standard. :a012: :a012:

Well, I am not those that will sit 7 or 8 feet in front of a 100" screen and looking for faults in the transfer, but I still can see edge enhancement here and there, it is however not that bad such that it interferes with my enjoyment with the film.

As a collection, probably not.
Cam
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
  頭像

文章: 17664
來自: KK

註冊時間:
2004-11-16, 20:17

文章發表人 r32 發表於 2009-09-08, 23:55

有心 :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:
Dream System :
Krell EVO set
Nordost set
Pioneer system
Playback Designs CDP
Sony PS3
Sony 4k pj
SVS
Vivid system
Wireworld set
r32
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像

文章: 20734
來自: H.K.

註冊時間:
2007-01-03, 23:37

文章發表人 peterso 發表於 2009-09-09, 00:08

Cam 寫: There have been many many reports that this release is marred with excessive DNR and edge enhancement.

I was about to order the UK metallic case version, then I saw 7 reviews with 1 star only :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2: :coldsweat2:

Then I saw thousands of posts in AVSForum arguing whether it is OK, bad, really bad, ... etc. No one actually saying it is perfect ...

Today, the HK version is out, and with a reasonable $185 price tag, I said: 我不入地獄, who will ??

So here it is:

- Video: Not as bad as those critics had described, but about average for the movie that is 10 years old. In fact some of the scenes have very good details and depth, colour is definitely better than DVD version, very clean (excessive DNR ?) Then some of the scenes look quite artificial with quite a bit of edge enhancement.

I looked at the scene that most people crying about: the wide angle shot of the lineup of 2 battled sides in the first chapter, there should be many arrows flying in the sky, and indeed, there are only few left, so the arrows are cleaned up as dirt in the film ?? :gagag: :gagag: :gagag:

- Audio : A huge improvement over the older DVD version, up to the DTS-HD MA standard. :a012: :a012:

Well, I am not those that will sit 7 or 8 feet in front of a 100" screen and looking for faults in the transfer, but I still can see edge enhancement here and there, it is however not that bad such that it interferes with my enjoyment with the film.

:a005: :a005: :a005: :a005: :what: :what: :what: :what: :what:
圖檔圖檔圖檔
圖檔圖檔圖檔
peterso
Fun區正義聯盟 - 冇雀隊長
Fun區正義聯盟 - 冇雀隊長
  頭像

文章: 175499
來自: 肛門隔離

註冊時間:
2004-11-16, 18:33

文章發表人 avfunfun 發表於 2009-09-09, 00:33

peterso 寫:
Cam 寫: There have been many many reports that this release is marred with excessive DNR and edge enhancement.

So here it is:

下? 咁攪笑?? :003:
圖檔
avfunfun
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
  頭像

文章: 13815

註冊時間:
2007-12-13, 12:14

文章發表人 TerenceYip 發表於 2009-09-09, 07:04

avfunfun 寫:
peterso 寫:

So here it is:

:064: :064: :064:
早買早享受,遲買平幾舊
TerenceYip
Fun區 - 揸Fit人
Fun區 - 揸Fit人

文章: 2941

註冊時間:
2008-01-12, 12:19

文章發表人 boxer 發表於 2009-09-09, 08:03

:clap2hands :a008: :a008: :clap2hands
boxer
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦

文章: 40222

註冊時間:
2006-03-16, 20:51

文章發表人 Psychoav 發表於 2009-09-09, 08:36

:clap2hands :clap2hands :clap2hands
Psychoav
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
Fun區皇室 - 出野大魔王
  頭像

文章: 16405
來自: Arkham Asylum

註冊時間:
2007-11-08, 14:10

文章發表人 leeon 發表於 2009-09-09, 09:00

tsw01 寫: 入地獄都毛錢。 :045:

mee too :045: :045: :045:
leeon
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
Fun區 - 黑龍總司令
  頭像

文章: 8088

註冊時間:
2004-12-01, 22:33

文章發表人 DonDon 發表於 2009-09-09, 10:12

TerenceYip 寫:
avfunfun 寫:
peterso 寫:

So here it is:

唔係化 :confused:
圖檔
DonDon
Fun區正義聯盟 - 冇雀隊長
Fun區正義聯盟 - 冇雀隊長

文章: 103926
來自: 我無錢

註冊時間:
2006-01-26, 14:19

文章發表人 kimura 發表於 2009-09-09, 10:14

DonDon 寫:
TerenceYip 寫:
avfunfun 寫:
peterso 寫:

So here it is:

唔係化 :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
圖檔圖檔

圖檔
kimura
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
Fun區皇室 - PinkG首腦
  頭像